DELIVERY + FAQ's
Opening Hours 2023
We open from 8:00am – 6:00pm (Monday-Sunday) in the Rocks; and 8:00am - 4:00pm in Waterloo from Monday - Sunday. (Our coffee machine closes 30 min beforehand)
Special trading hours on 23th and 24th December : 8:00am - 3:00pm
Closed: Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day.
Our Waterloo store is closed for all public holidays.
Cake OrdersOur website requires 48hrs notice to accept new orders, but if you need a cake for today / tomorrow then please telephone our office (02) 92414878. We sell our celebration cakes in store every day in Small and Medium size but please note, we only make the Milles Feuilles, St. Honore, Fruit Tarts and Croquembouche by pre-order so the pastry is as fresh as possible.
We have discontinued our free local delivery service. We are posting copies of the Jean-Michel's "The French Baker", which has just been reprinted.
We have limited capacity to deliver large corporate or catering orders up; please contact us for a quote. We can send orders across Sydney via courier; this will be quoted as an individual cost depending on location.
We do not take bookings, however we have tables out front of the cafe on Argyle Street (The Rocks) and a courtyard cafe inside the premises. These are spaced according to current COVID-19 restrictions for social distancing, and there is a maximum of 2 customers allowed in store at one time.
We have a large indoor space in our Waterloo cafe; private, airy and with convenient parking on site.
Here at La Renaissance, we use flour (both Australian and French) on a daily basis and we cannot guarantee any of our products are 100% gluten-free. However, we do produce a select few products without flour:
- Truffles (Almond & Hazelnut Log)
- Crème brûlée
Our Orange & Almond cake is both gluten-free and dairy-free.
None. We would suggest you try our delicious savouries instead.
Please be aware that nuts (including peanuts) are used in our kitchen, and we can not guarantee all our products are 100% nut-free. We do produce a select few cakes without nuts, however please advise of any nut allergy when placing an order, as pistachios are occasionally used in the decoration of a cake. Our nut-free products include:
- Crème brûlée, Milles Feuilles (individual slice)
- Viennoiseries (excluding pistachio and chocolate roulade, chocolate & hazelnut twist; croissant scroll with praline, and almond croissant)
- All our savouries (ham and cheese croissant, sausage rolls, pies, cheesesticks, quiches)
- Please be aware that all tarts at La Renaissance are made with almond meal in the shortcrust base
The majority of our Celebration Cakes contain a minimal amount of gelatine, either in the cake mousse or some of the decoration glazes - all our gelatine used is certified Halal. Please contact us or speak with the chefs directly if you ever have any queries.
- Yes we do accept AMEX, and there is a 1.3% surcharge for credit cards in store / over the phone (Visa / MasterCard / AMEX).
- There is no surcharge for sales via our website
- Yes we do have EFTPOS, and there is no minimum spend.
- We do not offer custom-made cakes outside our normal range, however, we will do our best to accommodate a request for decoration with respect to colour preference / event.
- The earliest cake collection is 10am.
- The latest time for cake collection is 4pm for The Rocks and 3.30pm for Waterloo; due to security reasons, we can not open the doors for a cake collection after this time.
- We recommend you consume all our cakes on the day of order collection, especially the croquembouche, Milles Feuilles, St. Honore and fresh fruit tarts.
- We ask that you kindly arrange for collection of your croquembouche at a time closest to the event/consumption. Please ensure the croquembouche is kept out of direct sunlight, in a cool environment.
- Street parking is available on Harrington Street; there is a small area of 5-minute free parking opposite the Clock Tower. Otherwise, all street parking is paid, 2-hour parking.
- There are several Wilson car parks in the area as well, on Harrington Street and George Street.
- If you are visiting our Waterloo store, there is parking available on-site at 197 Young Street, inside the Waterloo Design Centre. There is also easy on-street parking.