If you’ve visited us here in The Rocks, you’ll know how busy we can sometimes be when the shop is full at peak periods. We’ve created this list of FAQ to help with your inquiry.
We open from 8am–6pm daily.
- Closed: Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day.
- We do not take bookings for our cafe, however we have tables out front of the cafe on Argyle street and a courtyard cafe inside the premises.
Here at La Renaissance, we use flour (both Australian and French) on a daily basis and we cannot guarantee any of our products are 100% gluten-free. However, we do produce a select few products without flour:
- Pâte de fruits
- Crème brûlée
None. All our products are made with dairy
None. We would suggest you try our delicious savouries instead.
Please be aware that nuts (including peanuts) are used in our kitchen, and we can not guarantee all our products are 100% nut-free. We do produce a select few cakes without nuts, however please advise of any nut allergy when placing an order, as pistachios are occasionally used in the decoration of a cake. Our nut-free products include:
- Crème brûlée, Milles Feuilles
- Vienoisserie (excluding pistachio and chocolate roulade, and almond croissant)
- All our savouries (ham and cheese croissant, sausage rolls, cheese stick, quiche)
- Please be aware that all tarts at La Renaissance are made with almond meal in the shortcrust base
- Yes we do accept AMEX, and there is a 1.3% surcharge for credit cards in store / over the phone (Visa / MasterCard / AMEX).
- There is no surcharge for sales via our website
- Yes we do have EFTPOS, and there is no minimum spend.
- We do not offer custom-made cakes outside our normal range, however, we will do our best to accommodate a request for decoration with respect to colour preference / event.
- The earliest cake collection is 10am.
- The latest time for cake collection is 5.30; our shop doors shut at 6pm sharp each day, and due to security reasons, we can not open the doors for a cake collection after this time.
- We recommend you consume all our cakes on the day of order collection, especially the croquembouche, mille-feuilles, St. Honore and fresh fruit tarts.
- We ask that you kindly arrange for collection of your croquembouche at a time closest to the event/consumption. Please ensure the croquembouche is kept out of direct sunlight, in a cool environment.
- Street parking is available on Harrington Street; there is a small area of 5-minute free parking opposite the Clock Tower. Otherwise, all street parking is paid, 2-hour parking.
- There are several Wilson car parks in the area as well, on Harrington Street and George Street.